The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Traditional Chinese)
|The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Traditional Chinese)|
|Game Size||114 Blocks*, 29,868,032 Bytes (28.4 MiB)|
*Not from official source but based on calculation
The Traditional Chinese version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time game was never officially released on the iQue Player. There are no images, iQue@Home pages, any page of it on iQue's official website, nor any documented announcements about it from iQue.
It is unknown why iQue decided to make a Traditional Chinese translation of one of the console's launch titles. It is possible that iQue once had plans to shift their iQue Player marketing to regions outside Mainland China (Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan), which they did for the Nintendo Wii after the iQue Wii failed approval from China's government.
The game was first discovered in April 2017, as a cache file located on iQue@Home's CDS. It was once suspected to be the cache file of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask given the same file size and that game's iQue port was cancelled close to release; it was disproved when images of Majora's Mask was found under the ID "21031". The game was later released by scene group Suxxors, claiming that their iQue Player unit is perhaps the only one to contain the ticket for it.
- The game is largely identical to the original Simplified Chinese version. Unlike Ocarina of Time 3D, the phrases and language are largely the same across versions. It seems like the game text was not re-translated, but was rather converted into Traditional Chinese via translation software or had its font swapped from Simplified to Traditional Chinese.
- The title of this game is "塞爾達傳說：時光之笛", which is a direct Simplified to Traditional conversion of the Simplified Chinese title "塞尔达传说：时光之笛".
- The internal game title (in the CMD) is "塞尔达传说：时光之笛", which is the official Simplified Chinese title. This is different to the internal game title in the Simplified Chinese version's CMD, which is simply "塞尔达的传说". The use of "的" is unique.
- This translation is different from the official Traditional Chinese translation, which is "薩爾達傳說：時之笛".
- For some reason the file select screen behaves differently in this version compared to all (read: ALL) others. The blue overlay fades out, leaving the dark sky box visible.